CNC Service Technician
The qualified candidate will be highly skilled and motivated to perform new machine installations, maintenance, machine tool diagnosis and repairs (mechanics, pneumatics, electronics).
WD Distributing is one of the largest machine tool service companies in the Southwest United States with hundreds of years’ experience servicing all makes and models of
• The qualified candidate will be highly skilled and motivated to perform new machine installations, maintenance, machine tool diagnosis and repairs (mechanics, pneumatics, electronics).
• Training operating personnel.
• Documenting service visits and developing suggestions for technical improvements.
• Travel will be 100% of the time. Technicians are required to travel throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico Monday-Friday. Travel expenses, cell phone, tools and, uniforms will be provided. Bilingual candidates are a plus!
• Competitive compensation and benefits package (vacation, medical, dental, short/long term disability, life, and 401K); salary commensurate with experience.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
• Knowledge of automatic tool changer and pallet systems, ball screws, bearing replacement and alignment, spindle replacement and repairs, hydraulic and pneumatic troubleshooting and repair, turret repair and alignment, electrical and controls troubleshooting, and troubleshooting and repair of electro-mechanical assemblies.
• Ability to read mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
• Excellent customer interaction skills.
• Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Professional appearance and a valid driver’s license.
• Computer literate.
Education & Training
• Technical training (mechanical or electrical engineer or similar); applicant should have a minimum 3 years of experience in CNC service and knowledge of CNC controls